|Hand held controller display is blank with no power
(This applies to HD, HD Mini, BT/1212 and CNC Plasma with NC Studio Controller.)
Check to confirm the NC Studio controller is good by verifying it has power. It should display illuminated LED lights. To confirm the controller is working properly, place a metal screw driver over any of the (3) axis limit switches, and the input should turn on and off. This verifies the controller has power and is working. If confirmed, replace hand held.
|Hand held controller loses power but the rest of the system does not
||Check the 3 fans on the stepper amplifier to make sure they are all running.
|Loud Banging Noise, Cold Motor, Lagging Motor, Out of Square
||Bad Stepper Driver – Needs Replacement
|Machine will not jog or move
- Check to see if any of the 3 axes are on a limit switch. This will prevent the machine from enabling.
- Shut machine down and manually push the axis off the limit switch.
- Re-enable and controller should ask you to reference home. Hit yes
|Spindle is running in reverse speed, meaning that the lowest spindle 'gear' is resulting in the highest rpm, while the highest 'gear' is resulting in the lowest rpm.
Make sure you do all three variables. You shouldn't need to reboot. Just back out to the main menu and check it.
- Go into the menu and then go to "8.Diagnostics" and "2.Port List".
- Scroll down to OUTGY15, OUTGY16, and OUTGY17 and change them from "N" to "P" (press 'shift' to change and 'ok' to enter.)
|Z Axis homes upon startup, but X and Y will not. On the hand held controller the X and Y position indicators show movement.
- Check the amplifiers to see if the green LED is illuminated for X and Y. If they are not illuminated, the axis amplifier is not getting power.
- Check the fuses on the Power rectifier board. If the fuses are not blown, then the Power rectifier board may be bad.
|Machine will only move in one direction on the x, y, or z axes
no matter what directional key is being pressed. i.e) z-axis will only
move down no matter if the z+ or z- keys are pressed on the hand held controller.
|Cut power to the machine. Unplug and inspect the connectors at
the motor. If the connectors don't look burnt and the pins are not
damaged, re-seat the connector.
In the back of the cabinet check the wiring on each of the stepper
drives (YAKO). Inspect each cable and look for burns and/or loose wires.
If there are burns and/or loose wires, re-seat or strip back the wire
and secure it to its proper connecting terminal.
|When you start the machine it says "override0 on the controller"
||Your feedrate is set to zero. Press the #7 on the hand-held controller to increase the feedrate. You will see the feedrate percentage increase in the bottom right corner.